Friday 28 November 2014

Music magazine questionnaire analysis


Out off the 10 respondents that answered, all but one were under the age of 17. This is useful especially if I want to find do a pop magazine which are generally catered towards a younger audiences.
Out off the 10 respondents that answered, the large majority were male. This means, the survey could be slightly biased toward what males think rather than females and not give a balanced view.
The vast majority of my respondents were from the UK which is useful because I am planning to produce and release my magazine for a UK audience.
This question was also useful because it allows me to get a key idea on the general amount of people that regularly buy magazines.
This categorically showed to me that my  magazine should definitely be priced under £5 as most people don't pay any more per month.
This was also useful because it showed that 60% of respondents would be more likely to buy a magazine with the offer of a free git inside the magazine.
This showed me the genre and other music magazines people purchase and could be useful for me in comparing their styles.
This question was very useful because it showed to me that the majority of people prefer to focus on content rather than design or price. It means that in order to achieve success for my magazine, I should focus on what is inside and the articles.
I needed to get an idea of the type of singer or band those answering the questionnaire would like to see on the front of the magazine. The results were very varied and gave me an interesting idea of the sort of singers or bands people are into.
Seeing as my magazine is a pop magazine, I wanted to see what artists people associated with pop. The responses were all different so helped me to understand the large profile of pop and the amount of different bands and singers there are.
This question was very useful for me to figure out what people wanted on a front cover and how I can use these answers for my own.
This question helped to decide on what would be included in my double page spread and what type of article people enjoy reading.
This question was helpful in that it helped me to realise that the majority of people prefer big images rather than lots of text. This will fit the house style of my pop magazine as being bifg and colourful with small amounts of text.
 
This question also showed me that most people prefer having a competition in  the magazine and that I should definitely advertise one in my own in order to make it seam attractive to the audience.




Overall, I found the answers to my questionnaire very useful. They answered all the key questions I wanted to learn about magazines, music and pop. The answers allowed me to realise important things such as not pricing the magazine over £5; putting a competition into the magazine and making using more images than text. Furthermore, it helped me to understand the sort of music people listen to and who they associate with pop. The fact most of my respondents were under 17 was also useful in that I'm doing a pop magazine and most of those who read pop magazine are under the age of 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment